Child Care and Early Years
Child care is a place for children to learn through play and to have their needs cared for. It is also a place for families to drop off their children in the care of child care providers while they attend to other daily obligations.
InfoPeel can support your child care inquiries and help you make informed decisions by providing information and resources on topics such as, but not limited to:
- Conducting a search for your nearest licensed child care providers using our Peel Early Learning and Child Care Directory
- Licensed child care centres, licensed child care homes, and unlicensed child care
- Applying to Child Care Subsidy through the Region of Peel
- Ontario’s Child Care Tax credit
- Legislations and regulations within the Child Care and Early Years Act (2014)
- Special needs supports in child care [such as Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS) and Individualized Support Plans]
- “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”
The early years is a period of a person’s life where the largest development occurs. Therefore, families and community members may be interested in additional programs and resources for their young children.
InfoPeel can support your family’s early years inquiries in the following ways:
- Finding your nearest EarlyON Child and Family Centre using our Peel Early Learning and Child Care Directory
- Finding dates and times to attend EarlyON programs using the interactive EarlyON Calendar
- Finding camps and other recreational programs within the Region of Peel
- Finding resources and services within the Region of Peel on child development and family well-being
Licensed Home Child Care
Child Care Fee Subsidy
Peel Inclusion Resource Services
Parent Guide for Choosing Quality Child Care:
Meet Our Team
InfoPeel embraces diversity and values accessibility, which is why we have multiple platforms for communication available for you to contact us. Our phones and chat are monitored by a Resource Specialist from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
With our translation line, we can support community members in up to 200 languages.