What We Do
The Resource Center provides access to resources that support various domains of learning. Resources support learning through play and offer activities that are developmentally responsive for children to foster problem solving and creativity. All resources available for loan reflect ‘How Does Learning Happen?’, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.
Resources to enhance your program include: STEM, coding, puppets, light tables & light cubes, books, puzzles and more.
- We’re open by appointment!
- To book an appointment, please call (905) 507-9360 x 311 or, email [email protected]
Resource Centre FAQ’s
How do I become a member?
Loaning materials from the Resource Centre requires a membership. Please fill out the membership form at the bottom of this page under ‘Helpful Resources’. Once your membership form is completed and submitted, your payment will be processed followed by an orientation on the Resource Centre.
Is there a fee to become a member and loan resources?
Yes, there is membership fee which will vary depending on the following factors:
Do you work in a childcare centre which participates in Raising the Bar in Peel?
Are you a part-time or full-time student?
Are you a parent/guardian?
Depending on the factors above, the membership fee will range from $10.00 to $25.00/ annually. Payments can be made through cash or credit card.
What will my membership include?
Your annual membership will allow you to access:
- A loan of up to 6 resource kits
- Print/Photocopying (B/W or Colour) (may require an additional fee)
- Die Press Machines (cuts cardstock, felt, fabric and more)
- Laminators (may require an additional fee)
- Coil Binding Machines (may require an additional fee)
What materials/resources are available for loan?
- Fine Motor Resources (e.g., Lego, lacing)
- Music Resources (e.g., musical instruments, CD’s)
- Language Resources (books, writing material)
- Inspiration Storytelling Resources (e.g., felt board, puppets)
- Science Resources (STEM)
- Physical Resources (e.g., sports equipment, tunnels, balance board)
- Cognitive Resources (e.g., coding)
• Social Resources (e.g., dramatic play, social skills)
What happens if I break/misplace the loaned resources?
Members are responsible for any equipment borrowed from CDRCPs Resource Centre. Members are responsible for returning equipment to the Resource Centre in the same condition in which it was borrowed.
Members are financially responsible for any damages, lost equipment, or any accrued late fees.
How long can I loan the resources for?
Most resources can be borrowed for a total of 3 weeks.
How can I book an appointment?
To book an appointment please call 905-507-9360 x311, or email [email protected]
Who can I contact if I have more questions about the Resource Centre?
Please call (905) 507-9360 x311, or email [email protected]
Borrowing and Returning Items Form